Friday, September 01, 2006

Get 'Er Done

The only way for us to get anything done around our house is to make sure the kids aren't here. Since it's a holiday weekend, Grace's Occupational Therapy appointment was cancelled this morning, and we don't have a playdate scheduled for this afternoon, so David took both kids here for the whole day. David and I talked about sneaking off to a movie this afternoon, as his work on Fridays is usually done by about 1:00 PM. But it doesn't look like that's going to happen. He's working on a shower/plumbing problem that we've put off long enough. My mom used to tell me when Grace was an infant that a happy baby was more important than a clean house. I must have some extraordinarily happy children, then, because my house is never clean. This 1100 sq. foot little box we live in is just overrun by stuff (most kid stuff) and I keep telling myself that the only way to reel it back under control is to get rid of lots of stuff from every room...without the kids around to see what I'm getting rid of. I have lots of intentions and just never have the time or energy to get much done. This morning I filled two big bags of stuff to take to PTA Thrift Shop. Then I went to the gym and ran 8 miles (my personal best!) for this week's long run in preparation for this. I should be spending less time doing this and more time studying for this. That's why I'm soon off to here for the rest of the afternoon.

David is sending the kids and me here this weekend so he can finish getting things done around the house. Oh, and also it's my dad's, Sheila's, and our friend Matt's b-days.

No comments: