Thursday, September 21, 2006

Eye See

I've had pinkeye since Saturday, and the weird thing is, I'm the only one in my family that has it. Some type of "sniffles" are going around the family, and I guess this is my version. It's not that bad, but it's not that good, either. I've waited this long to blog about my pinkeye, because David said no one would want to read about it. I have to trust my instincts on this one. Up until this morning, my left eye was the only one affected. This morning, my left eye is much better but it's spread to my right eye. Over bowls of fruity cheerios, organic rice crispies, and "go lean," I ask the kids, "Do either of my eyes look weird?" to get their reaction as a gauge of whether or not I should go to work today. They both looked, and Johnny said, "No, but your face does." (He wasn't trying to be funny).

Ok, moving on to someone with a little more tact. David said I just look like I've had one too many drinks the night before. I think it looks like I've been crying. At lunch I noticed people being a little nicer than usual to me, like they feel sorry for me or something. The cashier at Schlotsky's (and she had a weird eye thing going on herself--one eye wouldn't open up all the way) pointed out where to pick up my packaged salad and salad dressing from the cooler, and then she lowered her face and kind of leaned in, and added, "And you can take as many packets of dressing as you want."

No comments: