Friday, January 26, 2007

The Most Interesting Thing In My Purse

I've driven from North Carolina to Colorado three times: Two times just my mom and me (Think "Toot and Louise"...and no, my mom's nickname didn't have anything to do with whether or not you'd enjoy spending long periods of time in a car with her....) and the third time with my mom, sister, and David. Don't you know that was just a blast for David.

David passed the time by delighting my mom with little games such as, "What's the most interesting thing in your purse?" and "What's your all-time favorite Sally Field Movie?" etc.

Below is the contents of just one of my purses (I have about three in rotation every season) and I'll let you be the judge as to what is the most interesting item.

1. an apple
2. my wallet
3. a broken pair of sunglasses
4. one almond
5. a polka-dotted all-purpose notepad
6. purell hand sanitizer
7. one upper Crest White Strip
8. a Disney Minnie Mouse pen
9. a mini Hello Kitty notepad
10. toothpaste
11. random receipts
12. Bath and Body Works lip and face balm
13. a lollipop stick (just the stick, no candy)
14. another almond
15, a matchbox sized four-wheeler
16. a quarter
17. a dime
18. two prescriptions
19. a tube of earplugs (?)
20. a bottle of Dim Sum (and dim sum more) (this is a nutritional supplement, btw)
21. a broken watch
22. 2 tubes of concealer (cover up...you know, makeup)
23. 10 "ink" pens
24. 8 things of lip gloss in varying shades of pink

3 comments:

peb said...

I just drove to Colorado this past October myself. I could have used a purse guessing game somewhere in the middle of Kansas.

I vote for the matchbox sized four-wheeler.

KevAlex said...

Uh, i was hoping for the answer to the Sally Field question.

Mine? Why Smokey and The Bandit of course.

Bird Spot said...

My mom's answer to the Sally Field question was "Field of Dreams," and we're still laughing about that one.