Monday, January 08, 2007

Cherry Pickin' on iTunes

For Christmas I got $75 credit to iTunes AND I got a new iPod shuffle that is just mine, all mine, that I don't have to share with anyone and can load only songs that I want on there. Mostly I listen to my iPod while exercising, and though I totally like to listen to Wilco and Granddaddy and Elliott Smith, I don't like to listen to these singers while I'm running.

I'm having fun cherry picking songs on iTunes, and when my playlist is up and "running," I'll post my faves.

On another "musical note," I just found out that Elvis Costello will be at MerleFest this year! Not a musician that I associate with the 'Americana' genre but one I'm really psyched will be there, nonetheless!!

3 comments:

KevAlex said...

buying 99 cent songs on itunes is a joy in my life.

If you need any help just ask. I'd try some Under the Influence of Giants..very jamiroque..(sp?).

You have to give Shiny Toy Guns a run though...very 80s electronica with a lot of pop.

Happy tuning

Bird Spot said...

Great, thanks for the tips. Both new names to me that I'll definitely try out. Any particular songs you recommend?

KevAlex said...

Shiny Toy Guns, the whole album rocks. But "You Are The One" is good. Their first single is "Le Disko", it might be worst song on album.

Under The Influence of Giants, i'm not sure. I have been listening to that album and it's not in order for me. I'll just get you that. Save money on both, actually and i'll let you "borrow" it. (my musical sharing disclaimer)

Also, i have a Merlefest bootleg from a few years back. I need to find that. It's huge, pretty much every artist that was there.