Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Gracie's Mom Has Got it Goin' On...But I Need Your Help

It's on: I ran 7 miles yesterday in 66 minutes. At the gym, not outside, but still. my iPod got me through it, and honestly, by mile 6, I felt like I could keep going for a long time. So, here's my running song playlist so far. It's extremely random, and I'm gonna need more songs, so please send your suggestions.

1. Crash, the Primitives-great running song, and one of my favorites in general.
2. Fix You, Coldplay-not a fast song, but a really good one and one I find really inspirational
3. Sally Goodin', Chieftains-fast fiddlin'.
4. Holiday, Green Day-easy to get your feet going to this.
5. Breakdown, Jack Johnson-something about it, I love it, I always play it while I'm running.
6. You're Beautiful, James Blunt-I'm surprised that it works so well for my running pace (usually 6 mls/hour) but it does.
7. Cindy, Kentucky Thunder and Ricky Skaggs-See #3
8. Somebody Told Me, The Killers-fun to run to the synth-sounds.
9. I Wanna Be Sedated, The Ramones and The Offspring- nice, driving "running" beat.
10. Farm House, Phish-a "noodling" song. Again, surprising that I like running to it. But I do. My mind goes other places so I'm not focused on what my body is doing.
12. Bottle of Smoke, The Pogues-Don't know what the Hell he's saying, but it's good.
13. Snow (Hey Oh), Red Hot Chili Peppers-My favorite track from their new double album. Let me rephrase that: My favorite track that I've listened to so far, there's so many of them!
14. If I Can't Change Your Mind-Sugar-Recently discovered that this is a good one to get movin to.

So that's the current list. Please e-mail me your suggestions, or I'll be forced to buy the iPod playlist things.

Gotta run-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wull, there wuz "They do run run run, they do run run", but you'd have to ask yore daddy the name of who done it. "My personal favorite is "Running out of Luck", but I can't remember the name of the geezer that done that one, neither. Then there was "Running on Empty", by Jackson Browne (did you already list that one?). And "He can Run, but he can't Hide", by George W.Bush... oh wait... that wasn't a song. That was just bullshit! Good luck!

KevAlex said...

You can't go wrong with Bohemian Rhaposdy. The emotional rollercoaster of a song will push you and help you get your breath back at the same time. Way to go on the 7 miles!