Tuesday, June 20, 2006

We Love You, Daddy!

Me: “Ok, kids, remember I told you that this was a special day for Daddy? A day to tell him how much you love him? Why don’t you go wish him a Happy Father’s Day? Who wants to go give Daddy a hug and a kiss and tell him Happy Father’s Day?”

Johnny: “Not me. I want juice. Give me juice. Give me JUICE!”

Me: “What’s the nice way to ask for some juice?”

Johnny: “Please. GIVE ME JUICE, PLEASE!”

Me: “Ok, why don’t you go pee-pee first and then we’ll go and get juice and cereal. Is Miss Grace up yet?

Grace: “I need gum.”

Me: “Grace, why don’t you go tell Daddy you love him.”

Grace: “Are you love me, Daddy? I need gum.”

David: “Wow, look who it is. My darling children, Grace and Johnny. Did everybody have a good sleep?”

Johnny: (drinking juice) “I wanna watch Wiggles, Mommy. Put Wiggles on. Wiggly Party.”

Me: “Did you give Daddy the picture you drew for him at school?”

Johnny: (running back with a picture he painted, beaming) “Look, Daddy! It’s for you!”

David: “Wow, Johnny, you did this? It’s great!”

Grace: “And me.”

David: “Yeah, Grace, you can draw good pictures, too.”

Johnny: “No, me. I did this picture, Gwace.”

Grace: (S-H-R-I-E-K-S at the top of her lungs).

Johnny: (crying loudly) “NO, Gwace!” (This prompts Grace to hit Johnny on the head, prompting Johnny to cry even harder). “WAAAA, Gwace hit me!”

Me: “No hitting, Grace. Hop down and go to your room. You can’t hit Johnny on the head.”

Grace: “I need gum.”

No comments: