Monday, June 26, 2006

Fifty (50) Things About Me

1. I stole this idea from someone else's blog.
2. I am going to run a marathon in November.
3. So is David.
4. David runs seven (7) miles almost every day.
5. I don't.
6. I ran track for two years in High School.
7. I was a sprinter, not a distance runner.
8. I played in the Band for four years in High School.
9. When I had to choose between track or band, I picked band.
10. I've been playing my flute ever since.
11. I played my flute in a wedding this past Saturday.
12. It's the fourth wedding I've played in.
13. I only recently started running again.
14. I like the challenge running a marathon poses.
15. I plan on raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society as I train for my marathon.
16. I will be asking you to sponsor me and my marathon.
17. Honk if you're reading this blog.
18. Running will be a good way to lose the stubborn baby weight.
19. The baby is almost three (3).
20. I could run fast as a child.
21. I used to do well in races in "Field Day" in Elementary School.
22. I did real well in the Jumprope Marathon at my school and at Junior Champ, at the County Level.
23. In the fourth (4th) grade, I was the Jumprope Marathon Champion (Watauga County's best) for my age group.
24. That was the proudest my dad has ever been of me. Ever.
25. I have some significant hormone imbalances.
26. It's taking a long time to get them back in check.
27. As part of the process, I agreed to send a blood sample to a lab to see if I have food allergies/senstivities.
28. I do.
29. Apparently, I'm allergic to a lot of the foods that I eat often.
30. I'm allergic to cow's milk and cheese and yogurt and walnuts.
31. I'm allergic to tuna, beef, pork and rabbit.
32. I am really bummed that I have to give up rabbit.
33. My illness/fatigue/depression have given me to permission to say no to people and things more easily.
34. My therapist says I didn't need an excuse like an illness to be able to do this.
35. Yes, I see a therapist.
36. I am the breadwinner and the primary caregiver in my family.
37. I relish both roles.
38. David may not agree with both statements in #36.
39. People at my kids' preschool have told me they thought David was a single dad.
40. David does the most (and the best) childcare of any dad I've witnessed since having kids.
41. I'm taking an on-line Magazine-Writing Class.
42. I took the same course five (5) years ago.
43. I think this time I'll be successful at getting an article published.
44. Sometimes I think I would like to have another child.
45. I don't think my body can currently have another child.
46. I need to get a hair cut.
47. I'm not sure how short to go this time.
48. Do you like Kelly Ripa's hair better longer or shorter (like it is now?)
49. We're driving to Owensboro, KY this Friday for a mini family reunion.
50. My grandfather and Johnny Depp's grandfather (and a third partner, Quisenberry) had an engineering business together years ago in O'Boro, KY.
51. It's called "Johnson, Depp, & Quisenberry"
52. My grandfather was the Johnson.
53. My grandmother and Johnny Depp's grandmother were sort of friends.
54. I met Johnny Depp's grandmother in the 1980's when Johnny Depp was in Twenty-One (21) Jump Street.
55. I wrote fifty-five (55) things about me instead of 50. Ok, fifty-four (54), #48 isn't about me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caught up on your blog today. Loved it. Terrific writing style.

I hear eating lots of rabbit helps ones writing, so I hope you'll be OK.

WS the Cat