Monday, June 19, 2006

A Tribute To My Daddy on My Blog



Oh, where do I begin to honor you, a force so hard to package in a box. It’s like the Stevie Nicks song Landslide says, I’ve been afraid of changing cause of you. Because we kids have built our lives round you. You taught us right from wrong and how to act. You taught us not to interrupt or lie. Our childhood was full of laughs and games. Those memories are with me still today. You loved your children more than life itself. We knew that then and we still know it now. We haven’t always seen things eye to eye. But it’s ok that we are not the same. A music buff, you’re way more hip than we. You made sure that we knew how bright you are. That you’d forget more knowledge than we’d learn. That Shakespeare is the greatest writer known. And those who disagree are none but fools. The New York trips we shared were special times. As well as playing music in the band. Now Grace and Johnny bring new life to you. Your gifts to me continue through that love. To make you proud is so much what I want. You make me proud so keep it up, the good. I love you Daddy and I always will.

PS Did you notice that this is written entirely in Iambic Pentameter...even the title??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daddy looks like a hawg jaw!