Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bird and Road Kill Mama: Straight from the 1980's

This is us and some guy getting into trouble before Youth Group. We're all holding chickens. We thought that was wildy funny back then.

We used to go the mall every weekend and this is us getting those wacky mall-booth photos. I'm cringing at my braces phase.



This is RKM and me in Boone the night of our Senior Prom. I wore my mom's high school prom dress from the 1950's that was only slightly altered. Looking back, I think it's so cool that I did. I know it meant a lot to my mom then, and it means even more to me now.





I only went to two dances in high school. One Homecoming and one prom, both my senior year. Both of my dates for those dances (different guys) were 'just friends.' They both ended up not liking girls. I hope I didn't have anything to do with that.
















Here we are the summer I went to Atlantic Beach with her and her family. We look a little nervous because we knew we were going to sneak out that night once her parents were asleep. We did sneak out and went walking on the beach, looking for trouble. Eventually we saw this middle-aged couple walking towards us and RKM said, "Oh, look at those cute rednecks." Those "cute rednecks" were her parents that were hoppin mad and worried as Hell and had called the police looking for us. RKM got grounded for a week. I got off scot-free.




In NYC, FAO Schwarz.



Here we are in the late 80's on a high school "arts" trip to NYC dressed ready to go to the Broadway show 'CATS.' One of us looks cool, stylish and modern, and one of us looks like an Amish Moravian Quaker.
















No comments: