Thursday, December 21, 2006

Goin' Postal

I'm very frustrated right now. I've been trying all week to buy stamps to slap on my Christmas cards that are written, sealed, and addressed. Wanted to mail them out Monday, then Tuesday, then yesterday, hopefully today. I've been unable to get stamps! I know I could have ordered them online, but I didn't want to wait several days to get them, and now, here I am several days later, without stamps! The DIY stamp machines at the PO have been messed up in some way or another, every time I've tried to get them!

So, if you're on my Christmas card list, you're still getting a snail mail card from me, don't worry.

My frustration with this year's stamp-buying even bled over to our somewhat regular after dinner dance party last night. Last night's soundtrack was MJ, and when "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough' came on, I changed the words slightly:

Keep On With The (Post Office…Stamps)
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Keep On With The (Post Office…Stamps)
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Keep On With The (Post Office…Stamps)

Trust me, it was funny at the time.

And speaking of going postal, our extended holiday officially starts tomorrow...All four of us, off work, outta school, and at home for eleven days straight (other than an overnight in Boone). I'm entertaining any and all invitations for playdates--with or without the kids.

No comments: