Thursday, April 24, 2008

Utter Randomness



Many many years ago David and I were on a road trip talking in the car about this-n-that, stuff we'd heard on the news. He told me about this man who rode around the world on a bicycle and wasn't that impressive. I thought about it and said that what I really think would be impressive is if a person ate a bicycle. Or a tree. Not that a person eat a tree, but that a tree eat a bicycle. Anyway, you find me a person anywhere in the world who eats an entire bicycle, and I'll be impressed.





David is super impressed with my new yoga moves. Maybe you can't tell from this photo but getting into lotus position while in shoulder stand is not all that easy. I can do it! David told me last night that he's way more impressed with my lotus shoulder stand than he is with me attending an AME church service (and then writing about it).
So, I'm on the phone with the IRS trying to sort out a work-related issue as they're blasting Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmuzic. I cannot hear that song withouth thinking back to when I played violin from the 4th-7th grade when a group of us girls got accused of "sniffing" glue when really we were huddled trying to attach a Lee Press-On Nail. Also associated with orchestra is how Lane M. used to tie my impossibly long hair into knots just seconds before we were to go out on stage to perform. We played Eine Kleine Nachtmusiz. With knots in our hair.
You can go ahead and take me out of the running for this year's Mother-of-the-Year Award. Grace's school called me at work today at 12:30 PM to inform me that Grace was in the office waiting to be picked up as it was an early release day. Oh, and Johnny missed his Kindergarten Orientation because somehow I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT.

No comments: