Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Greetings from Indiana

We're in a Ramada Inn in some small town in Indiana west of Indianapolis but east of the Illinois border. And it is freakin snowing outside! Just flurries, but still! The kids are body slamming each other as they jump from bed to bed; So far, I've heard nothing but laughter so I'm not stopping them. After all, they were cooped up in the car today for 13 hours having left Chapel Hill at 5:00 AM. David's plan was to keep the kids up as long as they could stay awake last night in hopes that they would sleep most of the day. I got home from the gym last night and Johnny announced, "We're skipping sleep tonight!!" That's pretty much something I'm never fond of hearing, and that's pretty much what he did. I think we all actually slept from about midnight-3:30 AM, then got up and started driving at 4:50 AM. We're insane. Actually, I'm really impressed with how everyone behaved today. There was significantly less screaming, hitting, cussing, and crying than the last road trip we took, and the kids didn't do too bad either.

We're off to Iowa for Easter and David's mom's 80th birthday (yes, he was a surprise) and we won't be back to NC until a week from today. I'll try to post at least one or two times between now and then.

No comments: