Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Birthday Parties, Bubbles and Ballgames



This past Saturday I was out and about from 8:30 AM-8:30 PM. In the morning I had to work a few hours while David had the kids. Then I rushed back home to pick up the kids (but not David) to drive to Raleigh for Rosie Scott-Benson's b-day party. Rosie's grandfather knows my dad and asked what he was up to (which I'll write about in another post) and shared some stories about when they were at the ASU "Loft" together in NYC. Then we met David and 2 1/2 other families at a Durham Bulls game that no one watched. With 7 adults and 6 kids, spilled beer onto heads, cotton-candy in hair and all over faces, and a never-ending plea for "more corn dogs," it was impossible to have everyone together at the same time. So if you were there but missed the following exchange, I think it's worth repeating.

Me: Izzy, can I borrow your bubbles for a minute? I'm going to pour a little of your bubble juice into mine because I'm running low.

Izzy: I do it.

Me: Let's do it together.

(I guide the pouring of her bubble juice into my container, but when I'm ready to stop pouring, she's not and her bubble juice spills into Johnny's halfway melted sno cone cup)

Me: Oops

(A few minutes later Johnny returns to his sno cone that I'd forgotten about)

Johnny: Oooh, this tastes terrible!

No comments: