Sunday, August 20, 2006

Trip to Atlanta

What do you get when you put three New Yorkers, (two of them professors of psychology and one an MD and professor of psychiatry), a psychology grad student, a professor of clinical psychology and me around a dinner table at a trendy "Euroasia" bistro in Decatur, Georgia? What you don't get is a word in edge-wise, but you do get non-stop free-flowing stimulating conversations about every topic imaginable. I held my own and even made the whole table laugh a few times.

The visit to Emory went very well. The group was super impressed with the organization of our data (they loved the notebooks), and they were amazed at how much data has been collected and analyzed over the last fifteen years. Traveling wasn't too bad given the newest security restrictions, although we did see an unfortunate puddle of liquid oozing out of a big suitcase at baggage claim. Two words: ziplock bags.

I was struck with all the talk of the interesting projects, programs and research going on at Emory and UNC, and I thought it's about time for me to begin furthering my academic pursuits and put my dream of an MSW into action.

No comments: