Thursday, July 20, 2006

How To Spend $18.99 at a Thrift Shop and Know You've Really Scored

I've just spent way too much time (but not way too much money) at this great Thrift Shop in Cary called "Dorcas Thrift Shop." (Weird name, great stuff). Here's what I bought for a total of $18.99:

1. Beauty and the Beast book (1) .75
2. Beatuy and the Beast book (2) .75
(Johnny and Grace like to have everything the same, so if I can accomplish that for a buck fifty, we're all happy).
3. Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed .75
4. Four Blondes book byCandace Bushnell (you know, Sex and the City?) .50
5. Decorative mirror that I intend to beautify with mosaic-tiled pieces 2.00
6. Pair of Calvin Klein jeans (and they were half off!) 1.00
7. Denim mini skirt 2.00
8. A little black dress that I didn't really need (but then again, can 5.00
a woman really have too many?)
9. A short navy dress that I didn't really need either. I tried it 5.00
on, and even though it's too short for church, (WWJS? "What Would Jesus
Say?") it fits in all the right places, and I have fantasies of wearing it to
a nice dinner out with David.
SubTotal: 17.75
Tax: 1.24
Total:$18.99
***I have to admit, paying $5.00 for each dress was a little steep for me, but I figure for the price of a couple of Happy Meals, it's worth it, even if I never wear the navy one out of the house.

No comments: