Monday, December 03, 2007

Silver or Black?






Now that my first semester of the MSW program is over (well, almost over...one more exam) I'm really in the mood to celebrate. I got off to a really great start this semester and am encouraged b/c in many ways, this is supposed to be the hardest. It culminated on Friday when I turned in my term paper I'd be working on all...term. So that meant 14 weeks working on it and thinking about it and 14 weeks of phone calls with my dad who guided me along the research and writing process. He sensed my enthusiam all along and encouraged me to keep this particular project going and maybe turn it into a Master's Thesis or Dissertation. We'll see. Other classmates described turning in the paper kind of like giving birth (these were students who, of course, have never given birth). Some people had emotional cathartic reactions while others experienced "dreaming in primary sources." One boyfriend of a classmate said that he was having nightmares about turning in the paper late. I'm glad it's over and that I can get a break from writing academic papers for the next six weeks or so.






I've caught the holiday bug and have started cleaning and clearing my house in preparation for the decorating the kids and I are going to do. I'm also getting excited about the Grove Park Inn/Biltmore House/Asheville getaway Kate has invited me to. We're planning out what we're going to wear on both nights of rather formal festivities. I had settled on this glittery silvery top that I got on Talbots on sale but Kate talked me into wearing my killer red dress that I got last year (on sale). She's right, it looks the best. I said to her the other day that I want my hair and make-up to be perfect when I wear the red dress and she replied, "Then let me do your hair and make-up." Ouch, Kate, don't hold back. My current dilemma is deciding on precisely what shoes to wear and more generally what color of shoes to wear. There's the standard black as black goes with everything, but I have this urge to wear strappy sliver high-heeled sandals and basic sliver (or diamond) jewelry. What do y'all think? Silver or black?

2 comments:

roofergirljw said...

Most def the silver!

Bird Spot said...

Ok, that's two votes for silver (one given in an e-mail). Anyone else?