Friday, December 14, 2007

An Example of How My Brain Works

Christmas lights are going up in my neighborhood on all of the regular houses that usually have them up, like the one on the corner with the duck pond out in front. You know it's Christmastime at the duckpond house because they string lights all along the edge of their house and always have one of those lit-up deer out on their short pier, bending down looking as if it's drinking from the pond. I've been worried about those ducks for a long time now as I watch their surroundings dry up as the drought worsens. This year I noticed that the owners put the house lights up and on but not the deer. My first thought was that maybe it had something to do with the drought and the idea that the deer shouldn't be drinking from a water source where every drop counts for those ducks. Like it's un-PC or something.

No comments: