Sunday, October 29, 2006

'Mon Canes!

I went to my first Carolina Hurricanes game last night, and it was a good first game to go to, because the Canes beat Tampa Bay, 6-4. Anna's seats are really good, lower level, 10th row, perfect for viewing the Canes' franchise record of scoring 3 goals in 43 seconds. Too bad that was the very minute I was out buying nachos...just kidding, I saw it.

On another note, Fall Daylight savings does no favors for parents with kids five and under. These days last forever. Today the kids woke up at 6:00 AM, and no, not the 'clock-says-7:00-but-it's-really-6:00' , but the 'clock says 6:00-but-it's-really-5:00.'

2 comments:

Dan Smith said...

Yeah the clock thing is bad. This year was the first time I can ever remember looking forward to the clocks going forward b/c the kids can't tell time and it meant their alarm clock (Mr. Sun) went off an hour later.

Bird Spot said...

Yes, but the upshot of yesterday was that the kids were asleep by 7:30, I was in bed by 8:00, I slept for 11 hours straight and we all still made it to school/work on time today.