Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's all about the toys...

Last night David didn't get home until about 9:30 PM. I was in charge of getting the kids bathed and put to sleep. I told them both that we would have an "Elections Results" party and eat popcorn and drink juice in the living room and that they could stay up as long as they wanted.

Grace rebelled at this notion and just wanted to go to sleep already. So? I let her. She was fast asleep before 8:00 PM so that left Johnny and me to party. I admit, I was manic-acting all last night from about 8:00 PM until I went to bed around 12:30 AM. A friend on Facebook had commented on Monday that it felt kind of like the day before Christmas, and on Monday I agreed. The difference is, that we didn't wake up on Tuesday with immediate "gifts." We had to wait until the gool ole' polls in California closed to seal the deal.

Anyway, even though I let Johnny camp out in the living room with me eating popcorn, and drinking juice and told him he could stay up as late as he wanted watching the election returns with me, his Kindergarten body crashed a little after 8:30 PM. At this point, we still didn't know who our president was going to be. (We did, but we didn't). So then:

Me: Go ahead and go to sleep. It's kind of like Christmas Eve. When you wake up, you'll have a new president.

Johnny: Yeah, but I wish I would get a toy.

Sarah: I bet there are Obama action figures out there somewhere and even if I can't get one in your grubby little hands tomorrow, I'll see if I can find one.

Johnny: Ok, but I want one of John McCain too.

1 comment:

Greg said...

The McCain action figure?

The boy is brilliant!