Thursday, August 28, 2008

Invasion of My Privacy and My Fridge

So I was just enjoying a leisurely 10-minute shower as the first step in getting ready to go join my family for A's b-day celebration when I thought I heard knocking at the door. Couldn't be, must have been my ears playing tricks on me. A few seconds later, knocking. And more knocking. And banging and then some more knocking. I didn't cut my shower short because I was in the middle of a leg shave, but when I did hop out, I yelled out (at this point knowing it was probably the neighborhood tween boys that stop by periodically to 1.) play with Grace's and Johnny's toys and 2.) nab our stash of sugary drinks), "HANG ON! I'M IN THE SHOWER!" I've started buying these 8-pack citrus punch drinks at ALDI every week for (I kid you not) $1.69 per pack. Yes, that's 8 8-oz servings of punch that I buy every week just for $1.69 and just for these tweens. Grace and Johnny don't even drink the punch (I guess they agree with me--too much sugar!) and when they see them in the fridge they routinely ask me when the boys are coming over for their drinks.

Well they came over tonight and in my Carolina-blue bath robe and toweled-up hair, I stood at the door and doled out 3 bottles each, like it was Halloween or something. They told me I could save the last two for Johnny and Grace but I told them they don't drink them and that the last two would be waiting for them the next time they came knocking. I also added that I only go to ALDI once a week and if they slurped up the weekly supply before Monday, then, well, they'd have to just settle for water. Kids.

No comments: