Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Out Of Style

Today at the gym on the treadmill I grabbed an InStyle mag to flip through while I exercised. With Valentines all over the cover, it was apparently a February issue. I wanted to check current hair styles, make up trends and the latest must-have spring accessories. Specifically, I was looking for pictures of bright yellow shoes, handbags, and bold floral prints that have been gracing the magazines this season. Instead I saw gladiator sandals, neckline bling and a large section on celebrity weddings. I flipped through the entire magazine getting tips on how to look current this time of year but got to the end with some confusion. Vanessa Williams and Rick Fox, the perfect couple? Didn't they break up a long time ago? It was only then that I looked on the spine and saw that my "current" trend guide was four years old. I'm hopeless.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You're not hopeless. I would've never known it was four years old. My fashion consists of six-year-old Old Navy t-shirts.

Bird Spot said...

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.