Friday, January 04, 2008

My Favorite 5 One-Liners Heard in the Last Month

#5 Kate on the dark charter bus (it was eveningtime) on the grounds of Biltmore while the guide was giving us directions on what to do: I can't hear when I can't see!!

#
4 Me at the outdoor jacuzzi at the Grovepark (with outdoor temps in the teens) to a woman who was visiting the spa from New York with her identical twin: Oh, hi, we just met your sister in the eucalyptus inhaling room. The twin: No, that was me.

(What is it with me and twins anyway?)

#3 Grace opening her first gift from Granddabs: Ah, LIGHTBULBS!!

(There was actually a sweet little leather purse in the lightbulb box but I wouldn't have been surprised if there had been lightbulbs).

#2 Johnny after swinging a bat and missing the baseball that I pitched him: My bad, Mommy, my bad.

(When did he learn that term? Stop growing up so fast, Johnny!)

#1 Johnny telling me about David's morning run where he saw a shooting star: Daddy saw a shooting star outside when he was running. Me: Oh, really? What did he wish for? Johnny: That the bumps on your face would go away.

No comments: