Monday, September 24, 2007

The Five Most Regrettable Acts of Last Week

1. I called one of my new Sunday School co-teachers "Melody." Her name is "Harmony."

2. Melody, I mean Harmony led an activity whereby the adults folded a piece of paper in half, traced the childrens' right hands with their thumb touching the crease of the fold, and then cut the hands out with thumbs in tact on the fold so that when you opened the paper, there was a set of joined praying hands. It took me four tries to get it right to where the hands were actually joined and not two separate pieces.

3. I have this pesky skin problem that I'm self-conscious about. So I use all manners of cover up and concealer on my face when I'm applying make-up in the mornings. The other day, on the way to take Grace to school, I dotted my red spots with concealer (noticably darker than my skin tone) and was going to let it set for a few minutes before I blended it. I walked Grace in, had a serious quick chat with Grace's teacher about some of her issues, and was horrified to get back to my car and look in the mirror to discover that I had forgotten to blend.

4. Browsing around on MySpace I found the site of a guy that I recognized from Grace's school. He looked very familiar at the Open House and I was pretty sure I knew him or of him in undergrad and I was pretty sure he was in a band. I recognized his face and his last name and identified him as the father of a little girl in Grace's class. So I sent him this random MySpace message entitled, "I thought you looked familiar"and proceeded to identify myself as Grace's mom and that we were at Carolina at the same time in the early nineties and how does your daughter like school and hopefully I'll see you at drop-off sometime, blah, blah, blah. I got a very nice message back saying, "Hi, Sarah, that is my twin brother M..."

5. Getting out the door in the mornings is always a struggle. The other day as I shuffled Grace into her car seat and all of my stuff up front, my arthritic thumb gave way and my coffee spilled all over the front passenger seat and all over Grace's sweater that I was going to put on her on the walk up to school. We were both near tears, but by the grace of God, the coffee didn't get on me, and by the grace of Grace, she was fine with wearing her brown hoodie.

No comments: