Sunday, May 28, 2006

Bat Kids



Last month it was Disney Princesses, two weeks ago, it was baseball. Now, it's Batman. Both of them. When David's cousin saw that Johnny was dressed head to toe in Batman regalia, she told us that if we wanted, we could have her kids' outgrown Batman cape, mask, shirt, and special utility belt. Best part: their were two costumes! Are you kidding? Johnny and Grace flipped out, and they've worn little else ever since. When Johnny dons the cape and mask, he is Batman. Grace is Batgirl. When asked to do something while wearing Bat-gear, Johnny corrects me, "I'm not Johnny. I'm Batman." Upon taking his hand to cross the street, Johnny, I mean Batman, asserts, "Batman don't hold hands." Batman also apparently "don't" clean up toys, "don't" hug his mommy, and "don't" eat vegetables. Oh, really. Batgirl is a little more compliant. The only curious thing she does is demand that I tell stories about "Bruce Rain."

No comments: