Monday, February 25, 2008

What a Week

I haven't posted since last Monday...the start of a quite memorable week. But out of respect for all involved, I've decided not to post the details here. Let's just say that I have my material if I ever decide to write a novel.

I said: I've got a fundraiser luncheon to go to that starts at 11:00, but maybe I can swing by on my way there for a cup of coffee.

She said: Yeah, and maybe we can watch a movie. A scary movie.

She said: You don't have to lift that box down the steps. You can slide it down.

I said: Oh, you're right. You've obviously done this before.

I said: I'll buy dinner tonight. What would you like?

She said: Sesame chicken. And could you pick up some wine coolers?

I said: I've got to make an important conference call. Please excuse me.

She said: Can I paint your toenails while you're on the phone?

I said: Maybe you can give me some pointers on how to accessorize my bedroom.

She said: You're going to flip when you see your kitchen.

I said: I kind of feel like Thelma and Louise minus the murder and getting to sleep with Brad Pitt.

She said: You are really a good person. I hope David realizes that. I'm really going to miss you. You'll have to visit me. We'll go to Baja, Mexico.

I said: I'm not as perfect as you might think I am. Trust me. We'll still keep in touch.

She said: I'm not going after all.

No comments: